Wednesday 9 September 2009

Irish session every Tuesday

I have just received news of a local music session every Tuesday forwarded to me by Les who runs the Bothy Folk Club website:

"There is a 'session' every Tuesday night at St. John Stones Social Club, Sandbrook Way, Ainsdale from 9pm to 11ish. Mainly Irish folk music, but a bit of everything really. Has 'Celtic Spirit' as resident musicians. All welcome."

I haven't been to these sessions myself yet, but I'm not aware of anywhere else in Southport where Irish folk is regularly played, so if that's your bag, give it a try. The venue doesn't sell real ale, but I expect Guinness would be the favourite anyway.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, is there admission fee?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't swear to it, but all other music sessions I've ever been to have been free

    ReplyDelete

Comments, including disagreements, are welcome.
Abuse and spam are not and will be deleted straight away.
Comment moderation is installed for older posts.