Thursday 1 April 2010

Fosters Real Ale?

Aussie yeast water manufacturer Fosters has apparently decided to brew a real ale for the British market, which they intend to call Golden Cask.  It will be a 4.1% brew and they hope it will prove popular because, a spokesman said, of the "esteem that the Fosters brand is held in the UK ... and we recognise that the cask ale market is now expanding year on year in Britain, and it's one we feel the time is right for us to invest in".

I think the message to Fosters is simply that their brand is not held in high esteem in this country, not even among some lager drinkers. Still, all credit for trying, I suppose. When I see it, I'll give it a go, if only out of curiosity, but I won't be holding my breath.  More details when I get them.

3 comments:

Comments, including disagreements, are welcome.
Abuse and spam are not and will be deleted straight away.
Comment moderation is installed for older posts.