Tuesday 31 May 2011

Lancs Pub and Club of the Year

The Swan With Two Necks
I've just learnt who the CAMRA Pub of the Year and Club of the Year (known respectively in CAMRA circles as POTY and COTY) for all Lancashire are:

Þ Pub of the YearSwan with Two Necks, Pendleton, Clitheroe, BB7 1PT
Þ Club of the Year – Farmers’ Club, Burscough Street, Ormskirk.

I've not been to either, even though I lived for a while in Aughton, near Ormskirk.  Perhaps my fellow blogger, the Ormskirk Baron, has information on the Farmers Club?  It looks very impressive - you can see a picture of it here.  I must try to get there, perhaps for the presentation.

4 comments:

  1. The Swan is a fantastic pub. Been there many times and never been disappointed. It's got the location, the owners, the locals, the food, and, of course, the beer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seems a fairly conclusive recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nev - sounds like an afternoon visitation is imminent. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the building, it's just down from the library but I never knew it's purpose.

    I shall see if I can get in it one lunchtime this week and report back.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, including disagreements, are welcome.
Abuse and spam are not and will be deleted straight away.
Comment moderation is installed for older posts.