Thursday 24 March 2016

CAMRA AGM - a RedNev pub tour? [cancelled]

Are any readers of ReARM coming to Liverpool for the CAMRA AGM? If so, would you care to join me for an informal tour of some of my favourite Liverpool pubs?

I was thinking of holding it on Saturday night, meeting in the members' bar and taking it from there. I haven't thought it all through yet, but I was thinking of 5 or 6 pubs, including:
  • The Philharmonic - the most ornate pub I know anywhere. John Lennon said one of the downsides of fame was not being able to go into the Phil for a pint.
  • Ye Cracke - also John Lennon connections, plus it's the first pub I drank in in the city centre area.
  • Roscoe Head - a multi-roomed pub that's been in every Good Beer Guide.
If anyone's interested, let me know in the comments below. If there are any takers, I'll publish a post next week with more details.

P.S. 27 March: No takers, so obviously not a good idea.
As the song says, let's call the whole thing off! See some of you perhaps over the weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Not looking too good! I'll give it another 24 hours before I cancel the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pub crawl sounds like a great idea Nev, the only trouble is I’m not coming to Liverpool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in Liverpool but time will preclude Nev as daily travel for me and Nodding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking forward to it, but sadly I'm on the sick list at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that: I hope you're feeling better soon.

      The only interest expressed has been from people who, for one reason or another, won't be at the AGM. C'est la vie!

      Delete

Comments, including disagreements, are welcome.
Abuse and spam are not and will be deleted straight away.
Comment moderation is installed for older posts.