Tuesday 29 March 2016

Not a conspiracy after all ... probably

Yesterday I logged onto the Morning Advertiser website where I saw a link to an article by Pete Brown, the beer writer, on the subject of the deceptive figures that are frequently quoted by anti-alcohol campaigners. It is a subject he has written about a number of times before. However, when I clicked on the link, I was faced by a blank page. I logged out several times and logged back in with the same result. I wondered whether the Morning Advertiser had censored the article, or - worse - removed it under pressure.

When I decided to check the website today, I found that the link now worked, although I think it was less prominent than yesterday. Nonetheless it is there after all, previously hidden by a glitch (I presume), therefore a cock-up rather than a conspiracy. I do find it a bit of a coincidence that it happened to that particular article, one that the anti-alcohol brigade would utterly loathe because it blows their fallacious arguments out of the water. It's definitely worth a look, Pete's main point being that the £21 billion figure for the cost of alcohol to society keeps on being quoted across all our news media without ever being examined. Click here to see the article - while you still can!

1 comment:

  1. I had the same on my PC, although I could see it on my phone. Seems OK now.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, including disagreements, are welcome.
Abuse and spam are not and will be deleted straight away.
Comment moderation is installed for older posts.