Wednesday 3 June 2009

Tonight ~ Mason's singaround and Richmond jazz

Tonight is the regular singaround at the Masons Arms in Anchor Street, behind the main post office. Robinson's beer, and free sandwiches courtesy of Brenda the licensee. All welcome to perform, join in or simply listen. From around 8.30 pm.

Also tonight at 8.30 pm is the weekly jazz night at the Richmond on Scarisbrick New Road, this week with the Blue Magnolia Jass Orchestra. Having seen some of the bands booked, including tonight's, I judge the style to be classic jazz and swing. I haven't been to any of these nights yet, so I don't know whether they charge for admission or not - you can phone the contact on the webpage if necessary. The Richmond does good food and sells Holts beers, which were in good condition when I was last there a month ago. I'll do a report after I've been to this music night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, including disagreements, are welcome.
Abuse and spam are not and will be deleted straight away.
Comment moderation is installed for older posts.