Monday 26 April 2010

Derby Arms folk singarounds (and good beer!)

Visiting the Derby Arms on Prescot Road in Aughton today, I learned that, in addition to the 1st and 3rd Monday music nights (the first is folk/country and the third is gypsy jazz), the pub now has a weekly folk club night every Wednesday which is open to all to play at or just listen. The Derby Arms is a free house which stocks a changing range of cask beers, with a beer called Arran on permanently at £1-50 a pint, plus well-regarded food too.

As I was driving, I had to limit myself to a rather nice half of the Arran. One peculiarity of this pub is that they sell keg Walkers Bitter, which I've never seen anywhere else before. That's £1-50 too, although I didn't try it.

Postcode: L39 6TA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, including disagreements, are welcome.
Abuse and spam are not and will be deleted straight away.
Comment moderation is installed for older posts.