Thursday 26 January 2017

Freshfield Winter Ales Expo

The Freshfield
I recently received this e-mail from Southport & West Lancs CAMRA:

"Paddy and the staff at the Freshfield on Massams Lane Formby are holding a Winter Ales Expo over this coming weekend running 27th to 29th January. These additional beers will be available to sample while stocks last for this weekend only."

I don't understand why some licensees seem to inform CAMRA about beer-related events that they are arranging only at the last minute. I've sometimes heard about pub beer festivals only days before they're due to begin, even though they must take months to organise. In this case, I now have other plans; in addition, if I'd known about this event only a week ago, I could have mentioned it, not only here, but in the CAMRA column in our local newspaper.

I know publicity isn't always easy, but it doesn't help if you don't take advantage of those opportunities that do exist.

Anyway, enough of that: it begins tomorrow, if you fancy giving it a go. The Freshfield is well-known for always having a good range of beers on, despite being a Greene King house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, including disagreements, are welcome.
Abuse and spam are not and will be deleted straight away.
Comment moderation is installed for older posts.